MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
You're way better off taking the insurance check and starting new with an accident free spyder. Even if you repair her, she'll never drive the same and resale will be hard due to the rebuilt title. Good luck with everything!

Good thing your safe and walked away from this.

Buy back the car strip it for all it's worth, since you still have title give a "pull apart"/pick a pull a call and they will pick up whatever remains and pay you money!!! That's why when picking up donor cars you always get the title. Usually you end up with more money and no matter who you are there is always something special that you want to carry over from car to car. For me it's the shift knob.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Yeah, if they don't total her...she's getting totally revamped. Front end repaired by a shop, not replacing either airbag, going to race seats and harnesses. But..based on the damage I observed, I'm guessing they're going to total her out. Like was said, even if I fix her, she'll never handle the same. I got my eye on 2 different 2zz spyders if/when she get's totalled out.

Ps. I already swiped my MR2 logo vizor plugs. Dunno why, but I really love those.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Annnnnd state farm called me today. They offered me 10kish for my wrecked spyder, and 0 cash for the aftermarket stuff. They wouldn't budge on it. And then said I could purchase the salvage vehicle for 1700. I'm get a check for $8400.00 and my old spyder back, so anyone who wants to start bidding on components is welcome to. I'm going to salvage what I can reuse, but based on the car I'm looking at buying, I'm not going to need much. Thanks for listening and for the support and well wishes guys! Couldn't ask for a better group!

I would have said, since you are giving me nothing for the aftermarket parts can I remove the ones that were not damaged? If they really value them at zero then they shouldn't have a problem doing that. That being said I think getting the wrecked Spyder for $1700 was a very good deal for you. I am glad to hear you are putting the money into a car with a good title instead of spending the $8400 on fixing this one up. Smart move.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Rampage, lol. I WAS looking at a spyder out in that neck of the woods. Even if I don't I might just end up out there anyways. If I do though, It'll prolly be in my jeep for some wheeling and camping this time. Regardless, I'm ALWAYS up for grabbing a bite with a friend! I'll keep you in the loop.

There are some parts that I would love to have. If I take some pictures can I send them to you via email?

Discussion starter · #31 ·
I'll be receiving my salvaged spyder tomorrow. Auctions will officially commence upon posting of a formal part out thread. FYI, I will not accept every offer, but I will listen to every offer without being offended. I got another car I want that I'm gonna need proceeds for!

Usually they wont care two shits about aftermarket parts on your car UNLESS have receipts for everything and even then they will only give you depreciated value.

Also the amount they quote you for your lost is not fact, it is negotiable but more people do not know that. From my second spyder I was able to counter their "offer" amount plus ~2g's. You basically have to prove your case that in your area, with your miles/condition and this specific model of Toyota, the market is actually this much vs the numbers crunching they have done.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.